Thursday, March 24, 2011

You Eat What?!? for Breakfast

Munchkin is not one for eating breakfast as soon as he wakes up.  He prefers to snuggle a little, play a little, and then maybe he's ready for some sustinance.  So our mornings go alot like this:

Me:  "N, are you ready for breakfast?"
Munchkin:  "Nah, not yet"

Repeat 3 or 4 times. 

Earlier this week, however, it went like this:

Me:  "N, are you ready for breakfast?"
Munchkin:  "Breakfast?  I eat losers for breakfast!"
Me:  "You eat what?!?"
Munchkin:  "Ooosers"  (extreme emphasis on the 'ooo')
Me:  "Where'd ya hear that?"
Munchkin:  "I don't know"

Mmmmkay.  I'm 100% sure that's not something that I've said.  I'm pretty sure Hubbers hasn't been saying it.  So I chalked it up to something he heard at school.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon.  Munchkin was driving his Lightening McQueen powerwheels around the yard.  Yep, you guessed it - he pushed the fun Lightening McQueen catch phrase button and - "I eat losers for breakfast!" came out.  Hmm, wonder if I can hack it to say, "I eat oatmeal for breakfast!"

3 comments:

LouLou said...

When my girls won't eat a meal I always pull the princess card. "Girls, did you know that this is Cinderella's favorite meal? She LOVES this chicken and potatoes!" Suddenly they're all about it. I don't do it all the time, so it usually works when I do it. :) When my 16 year old was the age of your little man I used to make him "Buzz Lightyear sandwiches" also known as grilled ham and cheese. Worked on him too. :) Maybe he'll eat if you can convince him that this is what his car likes to eat. :)

MNUKGIRL said...

So funny...I thought that sounded familiar! :) Having 3 boys, I had that movie memorized a few years back! :) Thanks for following me! :) Jo @ ...and Bob's Your Uncle.

Darcy said...

We have that same Lightning McQueen car! As soon as I read the "I eat losers for breakfast!" I knew exactly what he was talking about. Hilarious!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails