Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Molten Chocolate Love

This is my hands-down favorite chocolate dessert.  It takes less than 10 minutes to throw together, I always have the ingredients on hand and the results are heavenly.  It's kinda like a flourless cake...but with flour  (hahahaha) but it does have a luscious molten chocolate core.  I prefer to let my pot o chocolate love cool for awhile to let that molten goodness solidify into a lovely ganache consistency.  That and I like the roof of my mouth - molten chocolate + me = 2nd degree burns.  One cannot fully enjoy their chocoliciousness if they have burned off the lining in their mouth. 



Molten Chocolate Pots

3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 stick butter
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablesppons flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
additional butter - for ramekins

  1. Preheat oven to 400 and butter four 2/3 cup ramekins
  2. Add chocolate chips and butter to a microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave on high for 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate chips are melted.  Let cool.
  3. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, sugar and flour
  4. Add cooled chocolate and vanilla to flour mixture and mix until blended
  5. Divide batter evenly between ramekins and put ramekins on a baking sheet
  6. Bake until tops are shiny and cracked, about 20 minutes

7 comments:

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Yummy!!!! Now I'm craving chocolate. ;)

Unknown said...

These look awesome. These are one of my favorites at Chili's and Applebees!

Lindsey said...

YUM! These look delicious! Thanks for sharing! :)

Julie said...

Oh my!! I cannot wait to make these, thanks for sharing. I am a new follower and would love you to come see me at The Farm Girl Recipes. Thanks!

The Farm Girl

Unknown said...

I just got done making a similar recipe for Valentine's Day. They are sitting in my fridge right now :) Saw your post on Skip to my Lou. I'm a new followr.


www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

Handy Man, Crafty Woman said...

I've been wanting to try these. I just bought some ramekins, so I guess I can finally try them now!

Anonymous said...

These look perfect for those nights when I'm craving chocolate but don't want to run out to the store. I can not wait to try them! Thanks for linking up!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails