Tuesday, September 28, 2010

20 Pound Tuesdays - Week 1

Happy Tuesday!  For the next few months, Tuesdays are officially dedicated to my lamenting (ok fine, whining) about trying to lose 20 pounds.  Yep, feel free to ignore Tuesday posts because there are absolutely no craft or recipes here - just a constant reminder to myself to put down the chocolate!  I spent some of last week trying to formulate a plan for this crazy goal.  Here's what I got...USE COMMON SENSE.  Darn, I hate when that's the answer.  Apparently eating too much yumminess is bad and drinking water is good.  Veggies, yes...Cheesecake, no.  Why oh why can't cheesecake be yes?!?  Oh alright, enough whining.  Even though theoretically HAVE to use the scale to determine my success, I'm not doing public weigh ins.  Well, at least not yet.  Here's what my plan common sense is for this week:
  • Drink water - I swear I've been existing on coffee and Diet Pepsi for months
  • Run for at least half of my treadmill time - right now I do 12 minute bursts
  • Add a second day of weight training into the week
  • Eat healthy
  • Don't buy junk food
  • Take my vitamins (even with a calendar reminder, I somehow don't take them)
That's it.  All simple, but oh so difficult.

And last, but not least, here's a terribly unflattering before photo:

1 comment:

Chris said...

Feel free to whine about trying to lose weight. I feel your pain (literally!). LOL I am trying to lose 30 pounds and just started. I work out everyday and I have cut junk food (it's so fun to make but then I EAT it!). I am hoping for 2.5 pounds a week. That's not asking a lot, right??? Good luck with your weight loss! Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails