Thursday, July 15, 2010

Pretty Paper Decor

Happy Thursday!  This past weekend we hosted a bridal shower for my SIL at our house.  My in-law's family is on the small side, so it was an intimate party held outside under the shade of our ancient silver maple (well most of it was in the shade!)  This is the hubs only sister and my MIL went all out with a pink & girly theme.  There were dish rag bikini's, big tissue paper flowers (ala Miss Martha) and a completely decorated chair of honor.  My contribution to the decor (aside from cleaning like whirling dervish and impromptu landscaping), were some paper napkin flowers and these lovely paper doily garlands:


There are really only two three steps to the process:
1 - Fold all the doilies in half
2 - Use dots of hot glue to attach them to a length of ribbon
3 - Fold over each end  of the ribbon and hot glue down to provide additional stability for hanging.  This is a totally optional step, but I wanted to be able to hang the garland from my dining room hutch with another length of ribbon like so:

They are incredibly simple to make and I absolutely love how sweet and delicate they are :)


And here are a few more pictures (because I can't help myself!)

I used thumb tacks to hold them in place outside

Yes, he did attend the shower (he wanted to be 'out with the ladies')

Here's a table shot - aren't those tissue paper flowers gorgeous!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

that is so simple and beautiful it makes me want to say: why didn't i think of that?!!! nice going!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I am doing a wedding shower for my sister, and I may borrow this! Thanks for sharing!

Katie Olthoff said...

How beautiful! And that is one heck of a furniture piece, too!

Anonymous said...

Love that hutch with the doily bunting! Great to see you again on Craft Schooling Sunday, thanks so much for dropping by!

Unknown said...

so cute! come on over and link up to MMM :)

Ashlee Marie said...

What pretty decorations! I'd love it if you'd come link up to my Topsy Turvy Tuesday party! http://imtopsyturvy.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

So simple and sweet! I love the doily garland. The tissue paper flowers are amazing! Love them! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

Bethany @ The Paper Pony said...

That doily garland is such a clever and fantastic idea! I'm thinking of doing a little girl's tea party and this would be so sweet!

Roeshel said...

So pretty and what a fun time! Thanks for sharing in the DIY Show Off Project Parade!

Roeshel

Jami said...

Lovely shower!! So many clever ideas! You are super creative! I hope you'll stop by my Pretty Packages Party next week and share some of your talent! Be sure to pick up a button so you don't forget!
www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com
smiles!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails