Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I Heart Netflix

Happy Tuesday!!  I'm sure everyone in the known universe, or at least everyone reading this blog post (same thing right?), knows about Netflix.  And I'm just saying upfront, I have absolutely no affiliation with Netflix nor am I compensated in any way for this post...nada...nothing...zero.  Ok then, now that that's out of the way...

Around the time that the little Munchkin started to crawl, the hubs and I stopped attempting a date night out.  It was a pain to schedule, and seriously, we missed the little guy halfway through dinner.  Much to the dismay of the grandparents, we decided to opt out of date night.  But, we still needed something that we did together...just us...no bib or sippy cup required.  Hmmm, what to do, what to do?  We tried playing chess (yeah, we're weird like that), but Saturday night chess night is really just sad.  We tried agreeing on a few shows to DVR, but somehow Saturday night with the Food Network was again, sad.  Then a free trial for Netflix came in the mail one day.  Hmmm, we like movies...we could watch them after Snugglet went to bed...we could watch a different movie every weekend...we could schedule them in advance so that we didn't have to remember to hit up a Red Box.. ding ding ding we have a winner!  I signed us up and 6 months later we completely heart Netflix (ok, I'm sure the hubs would not say heart, but its my blog so heart it is).  Saturday night is date night again.  Hooray!!  We tuck in Count Von Snugglebear (yep, I'm going for an all time most nauseating nickname record), get some snacks and watch a movie.  And it is sooooo nice to just roll on up to bed after the movie :)  Monthly charge for Netflix...$10.  Having date night again...Priceless!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails