Saturday, April 3, 2010

Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Bunny

My little Sweet Potato has a STRONG fear of anything big and furry.  Particularly if the big, furry thing happens to be a person dressed up as a giant bunny.  Now, because I know he's deathly afraid of such things, I did not take him to see the Easter Bunny at the mall.  But I didn't realize that he knows of the Easter Bunny.  How?  Were the kids talking about the bunny?  Did someone show him a picture of the Easter Bunny?  I have no idea.  But when my husband told the little Piglet that the Easter Bunny might bring him a bike, he looked horrified and started chanting 'No Bunny Bike'.  (Ok, this was funny, but obviously we can't laugh at this point.)  We tried explaining that the Easter Bunny comes to visit good little boys and girls on Easter and leaves them candy, etc.  But the Munchkin was having none of it.  His response?  "Easter Bunny stay home!"  He wants no part of the evil bunny's candy schemes.  I'm pretty sure that we'll have to do a full sweep of the house tomorrow morning to ensure that the Easter Bunny is not still lurking.  Is this just my Peanut?  I can't remember any of my siblings or cousins being afraid of the Easter Bunny.  Oh well, a healthy fear of furries is probably not a bad thing ;)

Here's last year's picture with the Easter Bunny

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails