Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Goose that Laid the Golden Egg

Happy Wednesday!  I know that Easter is over, but I have one last minute egg craft that I think turned out awesome.  I whipped up another batch of Rollo Cookies last Friday because I'm totally addicted my family loves them.  As I was unwrapping all of the little rollos, I was thinking that there must be something that I could do with their shiny gold wrappers (I'm really getting into repurposing!).  So I put all the wrappers in a baggie and put them up in my creative space, right next to a package of plastic eggs.  The lightbulb went off and after a little trial and error with the Modge Podge, I ended up with this beauty:


I LOVE it!  I wish that this revelation would have occured to me a little earlier.  How gorgeous would a bowl of glittering gold eggs be?!  Now I'm thinking that I might have to make those tasty cookies every few weeks to get a good supply of gold foil - the Modge Podging possibilites are endless!

Linking to:

Show and Tell Green


http://www.thethriftyhome.com

3 comments:

karebear said...

I love this idea!

{oc cottage} said...

Great idea!!!

m ^..^

Anonymous said...

great idea:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails