Friday, March 12, 2010

Heart Stopping Garlic Pasta

A few (kinda) little known fact about me:  I adore alfredo sauce and I also love garlic wings (I actually just love the sauce, I could live without the chicken wing part).  So I thought, why not combine two of my favorite savory indulgences??  *Poof*  My heart stopping garlic pasta was born.  **Warning** this recipe is VERY indulgent, high calorie and high fat (aren't all the best yummies like that!) - you might gain a few pounds by simply reading the recipe!


Heart Stopping Garlic Sauce

1 stick of butter
2 cups heavy cream (I've also used regular 2% milk)
1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese (fresh parmesan is most tasty, but the stuff in a can is a fine substitute)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper

  1. Melt butter over medium heat in medium-sized saucepan
  2. Add heavy cream and spices; let simmer for 10 minutes
  3. Add parmesan cheese slowly, stirring to incorporate fully
  4. Simmer on medium-low heat until desired thickenss
Yes, it is that easy and it is soooooo good!  This sauce is delicious on it's own (seriously, I could eat this on bread), but since alfredo sandwiches don't really appeal to the hubby, I generally add sauteed chicken, green peppers, mushrooms and onions to the pasta toss.  It would also be amazing with grilled shrimp or some tender asparagus!  Mmmm - I'm making myself hungry!

1 comment:

Frugal Home Designs said...

I want some of this right now. It looks fantastic!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails